Search This Blog

Thursday, May 25, 2017

ANGEL: the body.

I am making the long bones with PLA.   In this case black to match the color of her skin.
The rotating joints, are balls joined by cilinders.  These I am making with nylon to allow flexibility.  Sometimes the thin cillinders made of PLA breaks while manipulating the Amigurumi.
Where the ball needs to rotate on its axis I use a 3.5mm cilinder to support the ball for 3 D printing.  But I cut the cilinder in postprocessing.
For joints that only bend in one direction, I add cilinders that will fit some holes in the long bones in order to have a better hold of the ball when manipulating the Amigurumi.
I added chamfer and I cut hexagon shape holes so the screw and nuts  will fit inside the bone to make the skeleton softer an less bulky.

After assembling the skeleton I add super glue to the screws and tighten them enough to allow rotation or bending in the joints but keep them tight enough that they can hold a pose.


Now the body is ready so I will put it inside the crochet skin


I knitted the whole body in order to see how much yarn I need but I undo it until before the hole for the arms and insert the body skeleton inside the crochet skin.  
The hips must go through the lower holes in the crocheted skin.  

Next step is to fill it with Poly fill.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave your comment here.