Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2017

Still working on the new elf...

The body, legs and arms are ready.  I have to adjust Raquel head a little bit for the future elves.  I made her upper lip bone wider, and I have to change the part that connects with the neck.

I did her head with Maya.  For the rest of the skeleton I am learning to use Fusion 360.  I find this software better for 3 D printing.  My problem is, it is a little different from Maya.  Long bones and articulations are easy to figure out but the eyes, nose and lips still are a challenge for me in
Fusion.  That is why I will adapt Raquel's head to the new elves.

The other difficulty are the screws.  The very small ones I mean.  To use in the fingers.  I spent the whole morning going from store to store downtown, but could not find screws smaller than 1/8 of an inch. I could find a shorter 1/8 screw though.  So tomorrow I will work making the finger bones thinner, so they fit in the crocheted fingers.

That is why I still didn't finish Raquel.

Here is what I have made for the new elf:


Ready to play...




No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave your comment here.