Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2017

Still trying to get a skeleton for my amigurumis...

After some time I had other occupations I finally returned to my project of a posing amigurumi.

The last idea I developed works.  Not as good as 3mm copper wire though.





tightening the screws I can get enough friction to hold the pose.  I also added a magnet to the feet.


Now that I found this way which is pretty good, I bought an air conditioner for my living room.  The man that came to install it, showed interest in my work, as he saw the elfoids and the 3D printer working.

I told him about how good the 3mm copper wire one core was, and how it is not used any more for electricity, so I had a hard time finding it.   And he told me about another type of 3mm copper wired, used for airconditioning. 

Today I bought 3 meters of capilar copper wire, 2 mm thick.  I have to rethink all the skeleton again, but I think it may improve my goal.  It looks strong, can bend, the only precaution is it breaks if you fold it more than 90 degrees, so I will have to plan how to do my 3D parts to let it bend just a bit.  It will take less plastic I think.  

So I will be thinking for a while.  

I appreciate any ideas.  My email is florita61@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave your comment here.