Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2018

3D printed Clothes' hanger with the shape of a hand.

So I am studying Blender.

I wanted to learn designing with Blender for 2 reasons.  One is to be able to design more complex  geometries to 3D print.  Fusion 360 is wonderful but it was hard to me to go to the sculpt environment.  I find it easier with Blender.

The second reason is would love to make animated characters like my sons'.  Of course I am ages from learning what he knows and he has a wonderful imagination with a sense of humor that I lack.  This that not mean I cannot develop it. So I am working on it.


Here is my first creation.




The problem is how to add really flat surface to be 3D printed.  How do I make these perfect holes, chamfers, etc that can be so easily done with fusion.  Importing the hand as an obj or stl file and then transform it to a body it very hard and you have to loose resolution.

But have the Windows 3D builder.  This helped me a lot.  I could make cubes, make holes with cylinders, cave the chamfers for the screws with cones. Not exact but it turned out pretty good.

I am very happy with my achievement.  Maybe if the coat is to thick the fingers aren't separated enough.  I should work on this.  One friend gave me the idea to change the position of the fingers like curving one of the middle ones.  But for now this is what I got.

Now I am working in a souvenir from Punta del Este.  The "dedos or hand" sculpture.

O by the way I don't imagine anybody is interested in buying the file but I uploaded it to cgtrader
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/house/accessories/hand-coat-hanger

and to sketchfab https://sketchfab.com/models/b430d72b0ae8405ea1fc10f4e4205356

I wish they let me sell it for less than 3 dollars.  But they don't allow you.  My idea is to get some money to help me buy the filament and mantainment of my 3D printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave your comment here.