Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Still some problems with nuts and bolts... And the next day some possible solution..

March, 28th

I used Trabasil to lock the nuts to the bolts.  But this only works just a bit.  In some cases after 2 days of moving the joints the screws will not loosen.  But in others it does.

So I tried with pegamil (la gotita, superglue).  This worked so well I could not finish putting the bolt and could not push it any further.  I lost the 3D printed piece.

So I will patiently start printing it again.


March, 29 th

Today I got an advise from the clerk at the hardware store.  And I bought suprabond.

So I will try this way to make the nuts and bolts stick together after finding the correct tightening of the joints.

I believe that the friction of the joints will diminish with time and use because the PLA will probably get worn down.

The other thing that I can foresee  is that the thin parts of the joints can brake if forced too much.

So later I will insist with nylon or other materials.

But for the time being I will stick to PLA, which has been rather easy to use and it is cheaper.

My fingers are all messed up, with glue, with cuts, etc,


but it is all a matter of time.  Keep trying to do it better.


And my new skeleton is ready.


I am starting to glue the nuts and bolts of the extremities.  Then I will crochet these first.



Now the legs are ready to start chrocheting.  

Feet and lower legs with the screws all glued up.

Next week I will upload the new skeleton to CGTrader.  I will be selling it for 3 dollars.  

After the new elf is ready, I will upload a PDF with instructions. It will contain a step by step tutorial of how to make the new elf.  I will  illustrate it with photos.  

I will sell the PDF for 5 dollars in Etsy and Craftsy.  

I would like to give all this free.  If there are people interested in my work, this is enough reward for me.  To share it is my goal.  

But I put a price because I want to keep doing these little guys and I would like to buy the Ultimaker 3 to be able to do more interesting things.  

So if I can sell my work I will be able to keep on working on my ideas and passion, and keep sharing my experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave your comment here.